P41 Directors Meeting
Back to Events
This is an annual meeting of P41 Directors at NIH. Registration occurs at: http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/p41/
- 1 2016
- 2 2014
- 3 2013
- 4 2012
- 5 2011
- 6 2010
- 7 2009
- 8 2008
- 9 2007
- 10 2006
- March 14,15 2016
- Attendees: Clare, Andrey, Tina, Jay, Nathalie, Sandy, Lauren, Frank P.
- The 2014 meeting will be held on Monday and Tuesday March 24th and 25th at the Hilton Washington Hotel, 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville Maryland.
- Attendees: Ferenc, Clare, Nina from NCIGT (Ron, C-F Westin from NAC)
- Meeting website: http://www.nihp41directorsmeeting.org/
- Agenda: http://eventday.nihp41directorsmeeting.org/agenda.html
1. Register for the meeting, meal plan, and hotel at P41 Director's Meeting <http://www.nihp41directorsmeeting.org/>. The deadline for hotel registration is March 1st. 2. Provide a title and abstract for your poster by March 1st
1. Poster board dimensions for the event are 4 ft. (H) x 6 ft. (W). Please ensure that your poster will fit this space. 2. All written submissions (abstracts and poster abstracts) to be included in the printed program must be in Microsoft Word. Please restrict your abstract to a single page. 3. Please use Helvetica 10 or 12 pt. font 4. A single graphic or QR code may be inserted within the single page of text. 5. All submissions are to be sent to: email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> to the attention of Louli Kourkounakis
3. Indicate if your Resource will be giving a rapid-fire talk.
1. Please respond even if your Resource will NOT participate in the rapid-fire talk. 2. Talks are limited to 5 minutes and a maximum of 5 PPT slides. 3. Please provide the name of the speaker and the name of your Resource. 4. The deadline for submitting Rapid Fire talk PowerPoint slides isMarch 9th. 5. Send your PPT slides to: email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> 6. An agenda of the rapid-fire participants will be projected during the talks.
March 18 and 19, 2013 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville.
P41 Poster: File:2013 Poster for P41 Directors Meeting.ppt
Program Abstract: File:2013 Abstract for P41 Directors Meeting.docx Uploaded to website 2/22 for 2/23 deadilne
Abstract example from 2010 for reference to this year's abstract: 2010 P41 Directors Meeting Abstract
Amer Acad Rad Research Poster: File:2013 Poster for Congressional Meeting.ppt Details: To have your poster printed: Please submit your artwork to Dina Beaumont at email@example.com or via dropbox if needed. Mail a CD or UBS Flash drive to Dina Beaumont, 1110 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005. Contact phone is 202-530-4672. The cost for having your poster printed is $100. Deadline for submitting posters is APRIL 26, 2013.
March 29-30, 2012, Bethesda, MD
From Junichi: http://wiki.ncigt.org/index.php/File:Tokuda_NCIGTWorkshop_2011.ppt I also attach the research plan for my CIMIT grant, which contains the detail of the software development. I almost finished Aim 2 (development) and will start Aim 3 (evaluation) soon using data we obtained from clinical cases.
Congressional Meeting Poster
This meeting has been changed to March 28-30, 2012. Therefore, no meeting in 2011 is being held per word from meeting contact Peter van Zijl [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Dates: October 12-13, 2010, Title: Omics, Data Sharing, and Translational Research Location: Hilton, Rockville MD
- 4_2010_Congressional IGT Poster Source File:File:IGT Poster Congress.ppt
These clips are a partially edited version of the NCIGT clips. They are partially edited to give you leverage to allow you to see alot of footage to then make a short 30 second of what you want the voiceover to say. You do not have to pick the clips. Based on what you say, they will be selected. Write this on paper and email it to me or upload so that I have this for voiceover of your section. 30 seconds are approximately 50 words. Let know if any questions: email@example.com
For the guidelines about what the video should display/say, see: NCIGT_P41:_Overview_Video
- Computation Footage
- Guidance Footage
- Imaging Footage
- Neurosurgery Footage
- Prostate Footage
- Ablation Footage
Materials for NCIGT Video for NCRR
- AMIGO video clip from IMRIS (Ferenc)
- Open Source and Slicer pitch (Ron) http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/File:Slicer-Overview-NC-2010-08-11.ppt
- Outreach: project week slides (Tina)
- Prostate: multiparameric imaging (Clare) Media:2010_prostate_bx.mov
- Prostate: biopsy case with Kemal
- Prostate: davinci (Noby) Media:P41Prostate_Slicer3_daVinci_ProofOfConcept.mov
- Ablation: "100921_NCIGT_VIDEO_30_word_draft.ppt (Paul)
- Ablation: "MRI-CT Image Registration for Ablation": 100806 ppt runs as mock video from still images with subtitles (Paul)
- Ablation: "1min Video of Pt slide into 3T Bay2 during cryo case": .mov file taken with pocket camera (Paul)
- Ablation: "Optical Flow via GZ Thermal Therapy Viewer": ppt runs as mock video using still images (Paul)
- Neurosurgery: show a case with added information (voiceover, dynamic images). (Alex)
- Imaging: thermometry project from Bruno w/ animation to introduce, then real images to show a moving liver (Bruno)
- "Ultrasound-guided MRI" video by Ben Schwartz
- Imaging: cardiac catheter video (Ehud)
- Guidance: Kirby's videos of IR*US in OR (Kirby)
- AMIGO IMRIS ANGIO MRI Video
- Focused Ultrasound PowerPoint 1 Brain PowerPoint
- Focused Ultrasound PowerPoint 2 Fibroid PowerPoint
- Focused Ultrasound PowerPoint 3 Monkey Brain PowerPoint
Timeline for Video Production
- Tuesday, August 17 -- meeting with David and Peter (videographer),
- Friday, August 20 -- walkthrough for video
- Tuesday, August 24 -- review with David Kordan
- Wednesday, August 25--tentative date for initial shooting (took SPL video and slicer) (prostate biopsy cancelled)
- Friday, August 27--tentative date for 2nd/last shooting (took AMIGO suite video)
- Monday, August 30 thru September 3-- Editing, incorporate FUS discs with video footage but be careful as they are company products
- Wednesday, September 1-- Get video of prostate biopsy (possibly of Alex Golby:Alex to schedule time for videographer in OR. They are free until Labor Day. Need patient permission.)
- Friday, September 3-- Finalized/almost finalized draft for viewing. Bruno sent MR Thermometry to Rivka
Noby to give pointer to SLICER course that can be used as stills with voiceover.
Jason to get FUS images needed.
Everything done by Labor Day. Showing Monday of what has been done.
- UPDATE August 30, 2010
- Video and Images still needed:All video footage taken and images obtained for all cores, except FUS (images of BBBD pending Nathan or Jason), Neurosurgery (Alex Golby may have case this Wednesday/cannot use BrainLab) and prostate biopsy (Kemal Tuncali has case this Wednesday).
- Editing: Started editing with the videographers today Monday August 30,2010.
Meeting: October 13-14, 2009.
Hotel shipping address: Hyatt Regency Bethesda, 7400 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, 20814 (Code: G-KKIM, Group: NCRR/NIBIB Biomed Tech) Phone: 301-657-1234 Sent 10/08/09 to Ron Kikinis, MD via UPS Tracking #: 1Z ORA 354 22 1001 0664
- ABSTRACT: Submit electronically by September 28. Kim
- 2009 NCIGT P41 Meeting Abstracts
- POSTER CREATION: Please use this template to create your poster
- POSTER PRINTING
- POSTER FEDEX: Posters to reach meeting site by Monday, October 12 (Columbus Day) (Kim).
- POSTER PDF/PPT: Posters should be on wiki before the meeting.
Abstracts and Posters
- Computation_Intra-operative Multimodal Non-rigid Registration of the Liver for Navigated Tumor Ablation (Haytham Elhawary) and 2009 P41 Poster_Comp Intraoperative Multimodal Non-rigid Registration of the Liver and Draft of Poster
- Prostate_Standardized Network Communication for MRI-guided Robotic Prostate Interventions (Junichi Tokuda) and File:Standardized Network Communication for MRI-guided Robotic Prostate Interventions.pdf
- FUS_MRI-guided focused ultrasound (MRgFUS) system for thermal ablation of prostate cancer:Pre-clinical evaluation in canines (Nathan McDannold)and 2009 P41 Poster_FUS_MRI-guided focused ultrasound (MRgFUS) system for thermal ablation of prostate cancer
- Imaging_Parallel Line-Scan Diffusion Imaging with 2D Acceleration ( Abstract and Draft of Poster) and 2009_P41_Imaging Comp arallel Line-Scan Diffusion Imaging with 2D Acceleration
- Neuro_2009_P41_Poster_Neuro_Comparative Efficacy of MRI Guided Brain Biopsy Techniques
- NAC_Computation_Atlas-based Improved Prediction of Magnetic Field Inhomogeneity for Distortion Correction of EPI data (C. Poynton, NAC, NCIGT)
Meeting: November 13,14, 2008.
Registration: http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/p41/ (If registered in 2007, there is no need to register again.)
Hotel shipping address: Hyatt Regency Bethesda, 7400 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, 20814 (Code: G-KKIM, Group: NCRR/NIBIB Biomed Tech) Phone: 301-657-1234
- Abstracts submitted by September 1 by Kim Lawson. One abstract per core. (Unless PIs say otherwise, these research highlights will be used http://wiki.ncigt.org/index.php/Image:U41RR019703_2008_HI.pdf)
- Please use this template to create your poster
- Posters to reach meeting site by November 12th. Kim will help coordinated this. One possible way to print the poster is at the Printhouse on the Lower Pike at BWH. You can call or email Cortney to make arrangements (617-732-5699; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please upload PPT and PDF copies of your posters to the wiki once completed.
Abstracts and Posters
- 0845 - 0915 Welcome
- Dr. Michael Marron, Director, Biomedical Technology, Division of Biomedical Technology (DBT), NCRR
- Dr. Roderic Pettigrew, Director, NIBIB
- Overview of Meeting and Goals
- 0915 - 1015 Impact of NIH Investments (Session 1)
- Patrick Kochanek, M.D.: Director of the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, Professor and Vice Chair of the Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Jonathan King, Ph.D.: Biology Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1045 - 1145 Impacts of NIH Investments (Session 2)
- Susan Dutcher, Ph.D: Professor and Interim Chair of the Department of Genetics at Washington University School of Medicine.
- David Drubin, Ph.D.: Professor and Chair of Cell and Developmental Biology at University of California at Berkeley.
- 1145 - 1225 Impact of NIH Investments (Session 3)
- James Chou, Ph.D.: Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School
- Sean Mackey, M.D., Ph.D.: Co-Director, Pain Working Group, Neuroscience Institute, Stanford University
- 1350 - 1500 Impact of NIH Investments (Session 4)
- Joan Bailey-Wilson, Ph.D.: Co-Chief and Senior Investigator, Inherited Research Branch, Head, Statistical Genetics Section, National Human Genome Research Institute
- D. Branch Moody, M.D.: Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard University
- Julius Guccione, Ph.D.: Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco
- 1615 - 1735 New Technologies Developed by NCRR and NIBIB (Session 1)
- Mark Ellisman, Ph.D.: Director, National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research, University of California, San Diego - Director, BIRN Coordinating Center
- Kamil Ugurbil, Ph.D.: Director, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota
- Carolyn Larabell, Ph.D.: Head, National Center for X-ray Microscopy, University of California, San Francisco / Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Kirk Shung, Ph.D.: Principal Investigator, Resource on Medical Ultrasonic Transducer Technology, University of Southern California
- 1735 - 1800 Poster removal. Lister Hill Bldg closes at 1800.
- 1900 - 2100 Dinner at Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Michael Rossmann, Ph.D.: Purdue University, Developing anti-viral strategies with the aid of synchrotrons, electron microscopes and super computer clusters.
Wednesday 20 June 2007, Location: Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- 0800 - 0920 New Technologies Developed by NCRR and NIBIB (Session 2)
- Mehmet Toner, Ph.D.: Principal Investigator, Biomicroelectromechanical Systems (BioMEMS) Resource Center, Massachusetts General Hospital
- James Prestegard, Ph.D.: Principal Investigator, Resource for Integrated Glycotechnology, University of Georgia
- Stan Opella, Ph.D.: Director, Center for NMR Spectroscopy and Imaging of Proteins, University of California at San Diego
- Howard Halpern, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Very Low Frequency ERP Imaging in Vivo Physiology, University of Chicago
- 0920 - 0945 Break
- 0945 - 1100 NCRR and NIBIB separate meetings
- 1100 - 1215 Plenary Session: Overview by and Discussion with NIH on Status and Future for
- Clinical and Translation Science Awards (CTSA) See www.ctsaweb.org
- Roadmaps: Introduction by Dr. Barbara Alving, Director NCRR
- 1215 - 1400 Working Lunch ...
- Improvements for 2008
- Program Committee for 2008
CTSA TEMPANY/ROSEN presentation and Notes
Logistics and Instructions for U41 Prepration
Meeting: Tuesday, June 19. Lister Hill Auditorium, NIH.
What is needed from each core:
- Abstracts by Tuesday May 1, 10am: One abstract per core. DONE.
- Posters by Tuesday, June 12th: These should expand on the abstract.
- Please use this template to create your poster
- Please upload PPT and PDF copies of your posters to the wiki by Friday, June 8th.
- Please deliver two printed copies of your posters to Ferenc's office by Tuesday, June 12th, 5pm. One possible way to print the poster is at the Printhouse on the Lower Pike at BWH. You can call or email Cortney to make arrangements (617-732-5699; email@example.com)
- Steve Whalen (firstname.lastname@example.org) has volunteered to fedex - not UPS! - one copy to the meeting, and hold the other one for possible last day hand-carry by Ferenc/Clare/Ron.
Abstracts and Posters
- Neurosurgery Poster PDF, Neurosurgery Poster PPT
- Adaptive Cellular Imaging with 3D MRI Abstract
- Adaptive Cellular Imaging with 3D MRI Poster PPT
- Improved targeting and assessment of image-guided RF liver ablation,CC Abstract
- CC Poster PPT , CC Poster PDF (lower image quality)
- FUS Core abstract
- 2007 Focused Ultrasound Poster (ppt), 2007 Focused Ultrasound Poster (pdf)
- Prostate Poster PDF, Prostate Poster PPT (Macintosh)
These are the posters and abstracts that were submitted in 2006: (The posters were created using this poster template).