Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention
See our presence in the NCIGT Publication Database.
- Monday, October 17, 9:05am: Tina Tapur invited talk at the IMIC: Workshop on Interactive Medical Image Computing
- Monday, October 17, 12:00pm: Natalie Agar invited talk at the IMIC Workshop
- Tuesday, October 18, 12:00-13:00pm: Clare Tempany Keynote speaker at the MICCAI meeting
- Tuesday, October 18, 14:00-16:00pm: Miaomiao Zhang, Sandy Wells, Polina Golland. Low-Dimensional Statistics of Anatomical Variability Via Compact Representation of Image Deformations. Oral Session 2 MIC - MIC Machine Learning and Statistics
- Tuesday, October 18, 10:30-12:00pm: Baichuan Jiang, Wenpeng Gao, Daniel Kacher, Thomas Lee, Jayender Jagadeesan. Kalman Filter Based Data Fusion for Needle Deflection Estimation Using Optical-EM Sensor. Poster Session 1: CAI1: Surgical Guidance and Tracking, presentation by Jayender Jagadeesan
- Tuesday, October 21, 10:00am: Nematollah Batmanghelich, Ardavan Saeedi, Raul San Jose Estepar, Michael Cho, Sandy Wells. Inferring Disease Status By Non-Parametric Probabilistic Embedding Oral Session 1 MCV: Medical Computer Vision Workshop: Algorithms for Big Data (Satellite Event)
October 5-9, Munich, Germany End of May, notification of acceptance & rejection
Chen Z, O’Donnell L, Tie Y, Mehrtash A, Olubiyi O, Rigolo L, Norton I, Pasternak O, Rathi Y, Golby AJ. Two-tensor unscented Kalman filter tractography offers improved corticospinal tract modeling by resolving the effects of peritumoral edema and crossing fibers. The 7th Annual Image-Guided Therapy Workshop, in conjunction with Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention – MICCAI 2014, Cambridge, MA, USA, September 18-19, 2014.
Logged in the NCIGT Database
Attendees: Ron Kikinis, MD; Noby Hata, PhD; Junichi Tokuda, PhD; Sonja Pujol, PhD; Carl-Fredrik Westin, PhD; Alexandra Golby, MD; Sandy Wells, PhD.
- Systems and Architectures for Computer Assisted Interventions Sunday, September 18, 2011 OpenIGTLink Protocol Version 2, Junichi Tokuda, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Events:_DTI_Tractography_Challenge_MICCAI_2011 DTI Tractography for Neurosurgical Planning: A Grand Challenge
- Multimodal Brain Image Analysis (MBIA): 8:45-9:45 Keynote Speech: Carl-Fredrik Westin, 10:15-10:30 Improving Registration Using Multi-Channel Diffeomorphic Demons Combined with Certainty Maps with Sylvain Bouix (Harvard Medical School),Demian Wassermann (Harvard Medical School), and Carl-Fredrik Westin (Harvard Medical School)
Scientific Papers and Posters
- Risholm P, Pieper S, Samset E, Wells W M. Summarizing and Visualizing Uncertainty in Non-Rigid Registration. File:RisholmMICCAI2010.pdf File:RisholmMICCAIPoster2010.pdf File:RisholmMICCAIDataSets2010.tar.gz
- Jayender J, San Jose Estepar R, Obstein K, Patil V D, Thompson C C, Vosburgh K G. Hidden Markov Model for Quantifying Clinician Expertise in Flexible Instrument Manipulation
- McAnearney S, Fedorov A, Joldes G, Hata N, Tempany C, Miller K, Wittek A. The effects of Young's Modulus on Predicting Prostate Deformation for MRI-guided Interventions. Computational Mechanics for Biomedicine V Workshop
- Lauren J.O’Donnell, Carl-Fredrik Westin, Isaiah Norton, Stephen Whalen, Laura Rigolo, Ruth Propper, and Alexandra J. Golby. The fiber laterality histogram: A new way to measure white matter asymmetry
- M. Depa, M.R. Sabuncu, G. Holmvang, R. Nezafat, E.J. Schmidt, and P. Golland. Robust Atlas-Based Segmentation of Highly Variable Anatomy Left Atrium Segmentation. MICCAI Workshop on Statistical Atlases and Computational Models of the Heart: Mapping Structure and Function.
Workshops and Tutorials
- Prostate Cancer Imaging Workshop (Anant Madabhushi, et al, incl. a NCIGT investigator Nobuhiko Hata)
- Slicer (Ron)
- Virtual Colon/Abdomen (Yoshida)
- Computer Vision (Menze)
Posters and Presentations
- Elhawary H, Oguro S, Tuncali K, Morrison P, Syn p, Tatli S, Silverman S, Hata N. Intra-operative Multimodal Nonrigid Registration of the Liver for Navigated Tumor Ablation, G.-Z. Yang et al. (Eds.): MICCAI 2009, Part I, LNCS 5761, pp. 837–844, 2009. File:Elhawaryetal MICCAI09.pdf, File:MICCAI09 London Poster.pdf
- Jayender J, Patel RV, Michaud GF, Hata N. Optimal Transseptal Location for Left Atrial Cardiac Ablation, G.-Z. Yang et al. (Eds.): MICCAI 2009, Part I, LNCS 5761, pp. 1-8, 2009.
Tutorials and Workshops
- Prostate Segmentation Challenge workshop, 24th September 2009, Nobuhiko Hata, Gabor Fichtinger, Sota Oguro, Haytham Elhawary, Theo van Walsum. http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2009_prostate_segmentation_challenge_MICCAI
- Ron Kikinis, MD: Received MICCAI 2009 Impact Award for publications with measurable contributions that have proven, persistent impact on the field of medical image analysis and interventions. The award recognizes his contributions over the past 13 years including: 18,000+ citations, H index 66, 1000+ citations for “Multi-modal volume registration by maximization of mutual information,” MedIA 1996, Global community development for 3D Slicer.
- Haytham Elhawary, PhD: Winner of MICCAI 2009 Best Poster in Image Registration category.
- Jayender Jagadeesan, PhD: Runner Up for MICCAI 2009 Young Scientist Award in the Category of Computer Assisted Intervention, Simulation and Robotics.
Posters and Presentations
- Joint Segmentation of Thalamic Nuclei from a Population of Diffusion Tensor MR Images - Ulas Ziyan, Carl-Fredrik Westin
- Findings in Schizophrenia by Tract-Oriented DT-MRI Analysis - Mahnaz Maddah, Marek Kubicki, Willliam Wells, Carl-Fredrik Westin, Martha Shenton, Eric Grimson
- MICCAI 2008_Software Strategy for Robotic Transperineal Prostate Therapy in Closed-Bore MRI- Junichi Tokuda, Gregory Fischer, Csaba Csoma, Simon DiMaio, David Gobbi, Gabor Fichtinger, Clare Tempany, Nobuhiko Hata
- Software/Hardware Integration for MRI-guided Robotic Prostate Intervention using Open IGT Link. Junichi Tokuda
- Systems and Architectures for Computer Assisted Interventions Slides: MICCAI 2008_Systems and Architectures for Computer Assisted Interventions Junichi Tokuda, Luis Ibanez, Csaba Csoma, Patrick Chang, Haiying Liu, Jack Blevins,Junpei Arata, Xenophon Papademetris, Nobuhiko Hata, Software and hardware integration strategy for image guided therapy using Open IGT Link
- Prostate WorkshopSlides: MICCAI_2008_Prostate_Workshop Prostate Workshop Junichi Tokuda, Gregory S. Fischer, Csaba Csoma, David G. Gobbi, Jack Blevins, Gabor Fichtinger, Clif Burdette, Clare M. Tempany, and Nobuhiko Hata Software/Hardware Integration for MRI-guided Robotic Prostate Intervention using Open IGT Link. Organizers: Clare Tempany, Nobuhiko Hata
- Geodesic-Loxodromes for Diffusion Tensor Interpolation and Difference Measurement. Gordon Kindlmann, Raúl San José Estépar, Marc Niethammer, Steven Haker (Prostate),Carl-Fredrik Westin (Neuro).
- Outlier Rejection for Diffusion Weighted Images. Marc Niethammer, Sylvain Bouix, Santiago Aja Fernandez, Carl-Fredrik Westin (Neuro), Martha Shenton.
- Hyperspherical von Mises-Fisher (HvMF) Mixture Modelling of High Angular Resolution Diffusion MRI. Abhir Bhalerao, Carl-Fredrik Westin (Neuro)
- Nonlinear Registration of Diffusion MR Images Based on Fiber Bundles. Ulas Ziyan, Mert Rory Sabuncu, Lauren J. O'Donnell (Neuro), Carl Fredrik Westin (Neuro)
- Robotic Assistant for Transperineal Prostate Interventions in 3T Closed MRI. Gregory Fischer, Simon DiMaio (Prostate), Iulian Iordachita, Gabor Fichtinger
- Application of Open Source Image Guided Therapy Software in MR-guided. Nobuhiko Hata (Prostate), Steve Pieper, Ferenc Jolesz (Leadership), Clare Tempany (Prostate), Peter Black, Shigehiro Morikawa, Hiroshi Iseki, Makoto Hashizume, Ron Kikinis (Leadership)
- Dynamic MRI Scan Plane Control for Passive Tracking of Instruments and Devices. Simon DiMaio (Prostate), Eigil Samset (Computation), Gregory Fischer, Iulian Iordachita, Gabor Fichtinger, Ferenc Jolesz (Leadership), Clare Tempany (Prostate)
- Tract-Based Morphometry. Lauren J. O'Donnell (Neuro), Carl-Fredrik Westin (Neuro), Alexandra J. Golby (Neuro)
- Non-rigid registration of pre-procedural MR images with intra-procedural unenhanced CT images for improved targeting of tumors during liver radiofrequency ablations. Neculai Archip (Computation), Servet Tatli, Paul Morrison (Prostate), Ferenc Jolesz (Leadership), Simon Warfield (Prostate), Stuart Silverman (Prostate)
- Advances in Diffusion MRI Analysis: Fundamental computational research driven by relevant biological questions. Carl-Fredrik Westin (Neuro), Guido Gerig, Ragini Verma
- Open Source and Open Data for MICCAI Stephen Aylward, Tina Kapur (Leadership), Luis Ibanez, Kevin Cleary
- Statistical Registration: Pair-wise and Group-wise Alignment and Atlas Formation. Lilla Zollei, William Wells (Computation Core), Mark Jenkinson