- 1 Radiology Department General Resources
- 2 Radiology Postdoc Resource Center
- 2.1 Key Contacts
- 2.2 Radiology Post Doc Task Force Member Contacts
- 2.3 Funding Opportunities
- 2.4 Discussion Groups/Related Links
- 2.5 Events/Classes
- 2.6 Key Policies and Helpful Documentation, including information for Grants
- 2.7 Career Direction/Promotion at BWH/HMS
- 2.8 BWH Career Consultation Service
- 2.9 Mentors and Networking
- 2.10 ESL [English as a Second Language] Opportunities
- 3 Other NCIGT Community-Wide Resources
- 3.1 Genetic Consultation Services
- 3.2 Statistics Relevant to Radiology
- 3.3 Manufacturing/Hardware Facilities in Massachusetts
- 3.4 Medical Illustration/Imaging Services
- 3.5 Poster Creation
- 3.6 Study Recruitment and Advertising
- 3.7 Grant Opportunities
- 3.8 Press Releases
- 3.9 BWH Bio-statistics service
- 3.10 Office Locations
- 3.11 Editorial Services
- 3.12 Grant Writing Help
- 3.13 Matlab
- 3.14 Mailing Lists
- 3.15 Additional Resource Links
- 3.16 Logo
- 3.17 Job Openings
- 3.18 Booking a Conference Room
Radiology Department General Resources
- For latest updates on Partners Policies on Interacting with Industry, see: http://pulse.partners.org/OII/interimpolicy.html and 2009 Partners Policy on Interactions With Industry Please READ
- BWH Faculty Guide 2012
- BWH Postdoc Policies
- 2009_New Hiring Policies for Trainees and Visitors
- MR Research Policy Research Scanner CHECKOFF Final, MRI_Research_Policy_final
- AMIGO Policies**File:AMIGO Policy and Procedure Manual final.pdf
- FILE SHARING SYSTEM:The address is https://transfer.research.partners.org. More at the Partners Secure File Transfer Site
- Harvard Catalyst: Harvard Catalyst ContactsHarvard Catalyst Grant Writing Guide, Harvard Catalyst Educational Matrix showing Classes etc, and Catalyst Core Facilities
Please add a link to your biosketch on this page: Biosketches
For help, contact the Center for Clinical Investigation (http://biostatistics.bwh.harvard.edu).
Also an option: contact, Usha Govindarajulu, PhD at email UGOVINDARAJULU@PARTNERS.ORG. Usha's time will have to be established through a funded grant account and arranged with her HR rep: Rachel Gambill (email@example.com). In other words, before Usha begins working on your stat work, speak to Usha and Rachel about the amount of hours involved and the grant that the work falls under.
Mark Vangel, PhD, is a biostatistician with some senior-level (senior-level projects only) dedication to the work of the NCIGT. He can be reached through William Wells, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read his Biosketch here: File:Biosketch-Mark Vangel.doc
Previous NCIGT statistician contact information: Kelly H. Zou, PhD, Director of Statistics, Pfizer Inc., Specialty Care Business Unit, 235 East 42nd Street, Mail Stop 685/10/08, New York, NY 10017. Phone: (212)-733-0087 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (212)-733-0087 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (212)-733-0087 end_of_the_skype_highlighting,Email: Kelly.Zou@pfizer.com.
Radiology Postdoc Resource Center
This area is reserved for Radiology Postdoc-specific resources that complement and promote the efforts of the BWH Office of Postdoctoral and Research Careers, or OPRC. Communications to Radiology postdocs and closely-associated persons, such as their leadership, should go to the following mailing list: radiology-postdocs at bwh.harvard.edu. Links here will point to relevant postdoc policies, services, opportunities such as seminars, intracommunity events, and key information on career development such as accessing and interacting with mentors. This page is also located on the Surgical Planning Lab Internal Wiki under Radiology PostDoc Resource Center.
- Caroline Rotondi(Crotondi at partners.org): OPRC Administrative Director: For all BWH post-doc questions
- Juliet Moncaster (jmoncaster at rics.bwh.harvard.edu): BWH postdoc contact on events
- Katja Schmitz (Katja_Schmitz@HMS.HARVARD.EDU): HMS Postdoc contact
- Pablo Cironi (Pablo_Cironi@HMS.HARVARD.EDU): HMS Postdoc contact
- Linda Wilcox (Linda_Wilcox at hms.harvard.edu or confidential phone: 617.432.4040): HMS Ombudsman: For issues on dispute resolution and negotiations
- Recovery Act Grant Information for BWH Radiology: Peter Liakopoulos, 617-954-9607, email@example.com
Radiology Post Doc Task Force Member Contacts
- Clare Tempany (tempany at bwh.harvard.edu): For high-level questions and issues of a management nature or about career and promotions
- Noby Hata (hata at bwh.harvard.edu): For information/advice on post-doc life issues and career development and advice on post-doc life issues
- Kim Lawson (klawson1 at partners.org): For editorial advice on/assistance with manuscripts or grant preparation
- Marianna Jakab (marianna at bwh.harvard.edu): For assistance with wiki accounts
- Radcliffe Fellowships: Stipends are funded up to $65,000 for one year for men and women who are scholars in science and arts
- American Brain Tumor Association Funding Opportunities and ABTA Full List of Brain Tumor Research Awards
Discussion Groups/Related Links
For most classes/events, registration is encouraged or required. Links below will lead you to on-line registration forms or a contact to register through will be provided.
Key Policies and Helpful Documentation, including information for Grants
State of the Art Prostate Care Review Paper: Padhani et al. Multiparametric Imaging of Tumor Response to Therapy_Radiology_2010See Complementary Link: http://radiology.rsna.org/content/256/2/348.full
Secrets of a Successful Researcher Talk by Joanne Ingwall, PhD, on behalf of the Center for Clinical Investigation, held July 1, 2008. Dr. Ingwall is Professor of Medicine, HMS, Senior Biochemist and Co-Vice Chair of Faculty Development, Dept of Medicine, BWH, She has offered her emails for those interested in learning more about tips on how to be a successful researcher: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Career Direction/Promotion at BWH/HMS
Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty. Download through this link. Based on courses held in 2002 and 2005 by the Burroughs Wellcome Fund and HHMI, this book is a collection of practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators. The second edition contains three new chapters on laboratory leadership, project management, and teaching and course design.
BWH Career Consultation Service
BWH career and CV guidance, Mary Clark, PhD. Contact Dr. Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentors and Networking
Mentorship Challenges: Managing the Mentor-Mentee Relationship by Linda Wilcox, HMS Ombudsman
ESL [English as a Second Language] Opportunities
- OPRC's ESL Bulletin Board, including Upcoming Class Schedules
Other NCIGT Community-Wide Resources
Genetic Consultation Services
Harvard Catalyst provides free genetic counseling (http://catalyst.harvard.edu/services/geneticsconsultation.html) (non-statistical work in nature) to BWH regarding issues such as:
- Guidance on IRB and Human Studies related to genetic, genomic, or proteomic investigation
- Design and feasability of such studies
- Career development advice related to genetics
- Advice on bioinformatics, data management, and analysis
- Identifying core facilities and potential collaborators
Statistics Relevant to Radiology
Manufacturing/Hardware Facilities in Massachusetts
Here is a list of manufacturing, electronics and other hardware related facilities in the MA area: File:VendorList.xls
Medical Illustration/Imaging Services
- Beighlie, Beth, Expert in Digital Formats and some medical illustration, Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reiko O'Brien, Web design, Dept. of Radiology, 20 Kent Street, Brookline, MA 02445. Phone: 617.525.7332, Email: email@example.com
- Pauline Kelly, Web design, Phone: 617-525-7013. Email: PKELLY@PARTNERS.ORG
- Cynthia Braithwaite about Art questions. Phone: 617-732-7828. Email: CBRATHWAITE@PARTNERS.ORG
- Tim Lis, Freelance illustrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed Wiederer, Affiliated with the Globe but does freelance work: email@example.com
- Association of Medical Illustrators. This site allows you to enter specialty and style, and it will return a list of illustrators: https://www.netforumondemand.com/eWeb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AMI&WebCode=IndSearch
- Pauline Kelly, Web design and general assistance with posters, Phone: 617-525-7013 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 617-525-7013 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Email: PKELLY@PARTNERS.ORG
BWH COMPUTER GRAPHICS -THE PRINT HOUSE: We are honored to be your “in house” printing department, located in office services on the ground floor of the PBB and we can bill directly to your cost center number. People come to us for assistance with MAIL MERGES, NEWSLETTERS, POSTERS, BROCHURES, POCKET FOLDERS, ANNUAL REPORTS, PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION GIFTS, GRAPHIC DESIGN, T-SHIRTS, BRANDED APPAREL and MORE! Are you planning an event for the Blue Print celebration? Receive a 10% DISCOUNT on any Blue Print ordering. Then give us a call at 617-732-5699 or e-mail Ellen Schneider at ESchneider@printhouse.com. Also visit our website at www.printhouse.com and http://www.promoplace.com/8311/blueprint.htm.
- IKON PBB-Ground floor next to the mailroom. 617-732-5769
- Mainframe Photographics, Inc (same location)Director:Brian Bator, 617-732-8968, firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact:Susan R. Symonds, 617-732-8968, email@example.com. Offering Digital and traditional photographic and design services: research (lab operations), photography, professional portraits, promotional or product photography, videography, VHS or DV to CD or DVD conversion, slides, posters, film processing, publication photo printing, custom framing, and more.
- PhD Posters at http://phdposters.com/ (online service that connects to Harvard coop on Longwood for pickup, PDF used, $20-30 per poster)
- CopyCop: Jerry Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org)(617) 267-9267. Hours: Mon-Fri 24 Hours, Sat & Sun 10am - 6pm
- Kinko's/FedEx: 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or Website: http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/main/ (Approx. $100 per poster)
- CSAIL (Clare Poynton has done this at email: cpoynton@MIT.edu) The printer is on the second floor of the Stata Center. A CSAIL login is needed to print. see this website for more printing info: http://tig.csail.mit.edu/twiki/bin/view/TIG/PrintingToConspiratorFromPC
Study Recruitment and Advertising
Research Patient Data Registry, A Warehouse of Data for Research Purposes:A Partners information resource that allows human studies investigators to access vast amounts of aggregate patient clinical data. The RPDR is a large data warehouse that serves as a central clinical data registry for inpatient and outpatient encounters. The RPDR brings clinical information to researchers in two ways: 1) as aggregate data, such as total patients with user-defined diagnoses, and 2) with proper IRB approval, detailed patient level medical record data. Dr. Shawn N Murphy is the RPDR Director.
The Research Study Volunteer Program, RSVP for Health, is a registry where individuals interested in clinical research (sometimes called clinical trials) can register to receive information about research studies.
- Grant Funding Opportunities NIH Recovery Web Site Supported by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA
- Network for Translational Research (NTR): Optical Imaging in Multimodal Platforms (U54) (Here are slides for the same: Media:OpticalRFA.ppt)
- Development and Implementation of Innovative Ultrasound Therapy Technologies (R01)
- PAR 07_214: Academic-Industrial Partnerships for Development and Validation of In Vivo Imaging Systems and Methods for Cancer Investigations (R01) (Slides used by Barbara Croft at the IRAT network meeting to introduce this grant, by way of Steve Seltzer)
- R21 Quick Trials for Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions
- Institutional Development Awards
- PA-06-398 Novel Technologies For In Vivo Imaging (R21/R33)
- PA-06-031 Image-Guided Cancer Interventions (STTR R41/R42)
Progress Report Resources
This page contains resources relevant to the preparation of Progress Reports.
Please add a link to your biosketch on this page: Biosketches
BWH Bio-statistics service
Radiology Biostatistics Service
We have access to a bio-statistician through the dept of Radiology.
- Usha Govindarajulu (email@example.com) is the new Principal Bio-statistician for Radiology. She currently also serve as a statistician for the Center for Clinical Investigation (http://biostatistics.bwh.harvard.edu) and the Division of Women’s Health, providing statistical consultation and support. She can provide support for short-term consultations, data analysis, study design, and long-term projects. She is currently available for one day per week for Radiology. Contact Information: Office Address: 1 Brigham Circle, 3rd floor Email: ugovindarajulu at partners.org
- Please use this Biostats Service Form to initiate a new request for service from Usha.
Biostatistics support is now available to BWH investigators through the Biostatistics Core of the Center for Clinical Investigation. Their team of biostatisticians provides consultation and collaboration at all levels of research, including brief consultations, grant development, and data analysis. The Biostatistics web site contains detailed information about the service and how to apply for support:
If you would like to learn more, please contact Shelley Hurwitz, Ph.D. at (617) 732-6467 or hurwitz at hms.harvard.edu
The Center for Clinical Investigation is a multifaceted service core at Brigham and Women's Hospital, providing assistance on Biostatistics, Research Development, Human Research Genetics, Clinical Research Education, Research Study Coordination, and an outpatient location for research patient visits. For additional information about our courses or our services, please view our website, www.brighamandwomens.org/cci <http://www.brighamandwomens.org/cci>, or call 617.732.8750 with any questions.
(Note: Noby Hata found them helpful. They charged him $300 for revising a paper.)
This is a list of office locations for team members OfficeLocations.
- Should you need assistance writing/editing text or PowerPoint slides associated with online pages, manuscripts, white papers, presentation materials, grant submissions, etc. please contact Kim Lawson, via phone at 617-543-2803.
Grant Writing Help
- Internal Resource: Feel free to contact Kim Lawson, Editor, Radiology via email: klawson1 at partners.org.
NCIGT Mailing Lists
- NCIGT Help: ncigt-help at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT PIs: ncigt-leadership at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT Computational Core: ncigt-cc at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT Imaging Core: ncigt-imaging at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT FUS Core: ncigt-fus at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT Neurosurgery Core: ncigt-neurosurgery at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT Prostate Core: ncigt-prostate at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT All: ncigt-all at bwh.harvard.edu
- NCIGT/Radiology PostDocs and Related Instructors/Assistants: radiology-postdocs at bwh.harvard.edu
Amigo Mailing Lists
- AMIGO Leadership at BWH: amigo-bwh-leadership at bwh.harvard.edu
Additional Resource Links
The latest logo for the website/wiki