From NCIGT Wiki
Home < AMIGO:JnJ
PHASE 1 (BEGINS FY09)
- Brain open surgery
- Craniotomy and tumor resection
- Pituitary procedure
- Brain laser ablation
- Breast cancer lumpectomy
- XMR guided cardiac ablation
- Prostate biopsy
- Percutaneous ablation MRI or PET/CT (liver, kidney…)
PHASE II (BEGINS FY10)
- Cerebro and Endovascular
- Endoscopic Kidney Ablation
- Cervical cancer brachytherapy
- Bone metastatsis thermal ablation
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Brain surgery through ventricle
PHASE III (BEGINS FY11)
- Spine surgery
- Skull base surgery
- ENT sinus surgery
- Craniofacial surgery
- Endsocopic surgery (NOTES)
- Lung thermal ablation
- Lung bronchoscopy biopsy
- Trauma fracture correction
- Joint replacement
JnJ in AMIGO Opportunities
- Navigation using Biosense Webster tracking system in conjunction with GE OEC mobile c-arms: tracking sensors, embedded in DePuy implants and Codman instrumentation, can be used for navigated spine and orthopedic surgery with reduced x-ray exposure to OR staff and patient.
- Navigation using Biosense Webster tracking system to track biopsy needles and ventricular shunts for neurosurgery.
- Navigation using Biosense Webster tracking system in conjunction with flexible neuroendoscope from Ethicon Endosurgery. This can be done by introducing a tracking sensor in the neuroendoscope channel.
We believe that the following products can be used as-is in the AMIGO suite, with boldfaced companies likely partners for further collaborative research:
- Gamma Detection System
- Advanced Sterilization Products, a Division of ETHICON, Inc.,
- innovative instrument sterilization, disinfection, and cleaning technologies, including STERRAD® Systems and the CIDEX® Family of Products.
- ALZA Corporation
- drug delivery-based pharmaceuticals.
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- endocardial diagnostics and therapyCentocor, Inc.
- Centocor, Inc.
- monoclonal antibody technology and manufacturing
- Codman & Shurtleff, Inc.
- hydrocephalic shunt valve systems, neuro endoscopes and spinal fixation implants.
- Cordis Corporation
- interventional cardiology, radiology and electrophysiology products for circulatory disease management.
- DePuy, Inc.
- reconstructing damaged or diseased joints, and for repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries
- first artificial spinal disc
- hydrocephalic shunt valve systems, implantable drug pumps and micro-surgical instrumentation
- ETHICON, INC.
- precise wound closure and tissue repair
- minimally invasive cardiac procedures
- minimally invasive women's health procedures;
- hemostasis and advanced wound care.
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
- advanced medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
- ENDOPATH® XCEL™ Access System; CONTOUR™ Curved Cutter Stapler
- HARMONIC™ ultrasonic cutting and coagulating surgical devices
- MAMMOTOME® MR-compatible Breast Biopsy System for diagnosis of early-stage breast cancer.
- Good collaboration can be expected to develop miniature tools for endoscopic surgery
- Ortho-McNeil, Inc.
- Ortho-McNeil, Inc. markets LEVAQUIN® (levofloxacin), an antibiotic that treats various respiratory, skin and urinary tract infections; ACIPHEX® (rabeprazole sodium), for the treatment of acid reflux disease; DURAGESIC® (fentanyl transdermal system), a patch that delivers strong medication for moderate-to-severe chronic pain; and ULTRACET® (37.5 mc tramadol HCI/325 mg acetaminophen tablets), for the treatment of short-term acute pain. PriCara, Unit of Ortho-McNeil, Inc., is dedicated to serving the primary care customer and marketplace.
- Scios Inc.
- small molecule compounds and peptides
- Gene based diagnostic test for lymph nodes
- Any collaboration for intra-operative use?
- Blood tests
- laser ablation for prostate intervention and possibly others
J&J Company Information
J&J Fast Facts (from company website)
- The parent company has 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies
- Founded in 1886 in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Headquarters situated in New Brunswick for more than 115 years.
- Worldwide Sales in 2006 were $53.3 billion.
- Net Earnings for 2006 were $11.1 billion.
- Dividend raised each year for 44 consecutive years.
- Sales have increased each year for 73 consecutive years.
- Double digit earnings increases for 21 consecutive years.